Join Our Team
RC4WD is a company dedicated to bringing the Ultimate Scale Products to The RC Community. We look for motivated individuals who take pride in their work are constantly looking to improve. Have a look at the positions available below and see if you’re a fit, then apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the title Job Title – Resume – Name
Do you have a passion for RC vehicles!? Do you build scalers or crawlers? Do you like to race or compete?! Do you have a background in Mechanical Engineering and like to design your own parts?! If so, WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU! Make this YOUR career!
At RC4WD Inc., we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality RC scale vehicles and products that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees are the heart of our business and should be as special as the products we offer. Each employee brings a different perspective to the business and are the driving force behind our success.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to have you join our team! Come be a part of a company that takes pride in the quality of our products and our involvement in the RC community. We are currently seeking a Design Engineer in our Visalia, California location but are willing to work with someone remotely if this person meets the skill set we are looking for.
The ideal candidate will have a Mechanical Engineering degree and a passion for radio control products.
- Summary: Knowledgeable in multiple engineering subject areas; responsible for determining technical direction and achieving practical results based on strategic objectives. Will be responsible for significant, if not all, technical delivery of a given project.
- Apply design and process standards, lessons learned and best practices for fit and finish excellence
- Conduct product, design & process reviews. Present to senior management on issues and work plan
- Identify issues and opportunities for improvement based on dimensional analyses, and virtual and physical evaluations
- Track status to program deliverables
- Develop work plans and lead cross-functional teams to resolve system issues and ensure targets are met
- Schedule time efficiently to provide cost-effective job performance. Initiate and respond to all related job tasks in a timely manner. Assume responsibility for own actions
- Initiate and continue professional growth. Participate in training programs with passion to apply acquired knowledge into practice
- Share new knowledge with the other team members and be open to perform other duties as assigned by management
- Mechanical Design and Engineering Experience or Degree
- More than three years of applicable design and engineering experience
- Expert-level computer skills in requisite design and engineering toolsets
- Knowledge and use of SolidWorks to create 2D and 3D drawings
- Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Portray a strong sense of integrity with effective communication skills
- Demonstrates professionalism with ability to work well in both group and individual settings
- A hobbyist in radio controlled cars and trucks
- Ability to develop plans and lead implementation in cross-functional teams
- Systems analyses and methodologies
- Strong PC skills with experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to create standardization and lead other engineers with standardization
- Comprehensive understanding of product structure, materials and processing technology
- Demonstrate full responsibility of product through entire life cycle including but not limited to designing and testing
This position is located in an office environment with the majority of the time spent in an office setting with computer and general office equipment. The position requires the ability to move around freely and to other department locations. In some cases, product testing is performed outdoors and throughout every season. When required, the position will perform duties in typical seasonal weather, including the hot summer for Central California.
Candidates for positions with RC4WD Inc. must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
RC4WD Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Benefits include health insurance, sick and vacation (PTO), and 401K plan.
In order to apply for this position, please email your resume and salary requirements. We will contact all qualified candidates for an interview.